Saturday, January 3, 2009

Woe is me...?

As the new year dawns upon us, so too looms the daunting prospect of another semester. Part of me wants to say "ugh" while the other part heaves a hopeful sigh at the notion of getting on with life... classes to take, trips to go on, friends to see... one could almost get excited just imagining the possibilities...  But anyhow, I won't try to deny myself the blissful agony of bemoaning my sorry lot.  (Besides, isn't that what most everyone else is doing right now?)  
Tomorrow I take leave of my home sweet home.  I probably won't end up pulling out until an hour before curfew... it seems to be a habit of mine...  Unless, that is, the campus store is open... then I will have to go early to pick up books.  Otherwise I was planning on going to class Monday morning without books. :)  My class load is slightly more intense this semester than say, last semester.  The anticipated schedule includes World Civ, General Psych, Computer Concepts, Health for Life, and a few fun ones... Horizontal Caving, Vertical Caving, Advanced Rope Tech, and a canoeing trip down to FL over spring break. (I'm counting on the first three to elicit me a little more sympathy than any of last semesters classes.)  
Anyhow, enough of my bemoaning nonsense... Life is always a joy and an adventures when you have committed your all into God's care, and you know you're where He wants you to be.  One of my favorite quotes is the one by Jim Elliot that I have as my blog heading - "Wherever you are, be all there.  Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God."  If we were to live each day by that principle, just think of how much more we could get out of life.  I'm beginning to wonder if that's what I shouldn't be aiming for this next semester... a hilt of a lot more. ;)

- Shannon   

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I love that quote! I'm going to have to add that to my quote book:) I hope your semester is a wonderful one...I have no doubts that you'll do well:) I miss you, but now I'm a lot closer to Southern, so I'll call you when I come visit:) ~Jessie Krohn