Seeing as I didn't have a lot of studying to do over the weekend, I put aside my books and went camping with some friends up at Cades Cove in the Smokey Mountains. It was a fun, relaxing weekend, and the rain that was predicted held off until we were just about finished packing up on Sunday morning. Sitting back here in my dorm room, I can still smell campfire smoke in my hair... and that's after two showers! lol I don't mind it though... in fact, I kind of like the smell... It brings back lots of good memories. :)
Today was my last day babysitting Anisa... It was sad saying goodbye. She'll be so big when I come back next year... I wonder if she'll even remember me. lol
Mom and Dad came up here to SAU this evening and picked up my harp. They took it home today so that when they come back up on Thursday, they'll have room for all the rest of my stuff. ;) Isaac, Heidi, and Hannah came along with them. Seeing my family made me even more anxious to go home! I was ready to hop in the truck with them and leave right then. ;) But alas, those two finals still await me. Seeing, though, as God has sustained me thus far, I am optimistic that three more days shouldn't be the undoing of me. :)
On Wednesday we're having an end-of-the-semester party in the student park, with a bunch of friends. It should be fun... and sad too. That's probably when I'll have to say goodbye to most of my friends... I don't enjoy saying goodbyes. :( At least I can look forward to seeing the majority of them again next school year. :)
It's going to be interesting to see how this summer turns out. I'm thinking it should be a fun one though. I had my own plans all worked out, and was pretty confident with them. But then I guess God had different plans, because mine unexpectedly fell through. :) In a way I felt relieved, because it showed me that God was in control.
Another door has now opened, and I'm anxious to see if this is where God is leading me to work for the summer. If so, this would be far better than anything I could have ever planned. I'm so thankful I left my summer in His hands. :)
Anyhow, guess I've babbled on long enough... nothing really earthshaking, I know... just felt the urge to blog. :)
Hope all is going well for everyone, and that your finding His mercies new every morning! :)
- Shannon
P.s. If you get the chance, check out the song "The Only Thing" by Ronnie Freeman. My sister sent it to me the other day, and I can't listen to it enough! It has a powerful message.
No comments:
Post a Comment