Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Road Trip - Day 5

Right now the time is 9:30 p.m., and I can still see the last fading rays of the sun... but that's not the only unusual thing... I'm sitting here, out in the middle of nowhere, somewhere in North Dakota.  We are staying at the Lewis and Clark St. Park - a campground located on the Missouri River.  Supposedly we're 30 miles east of the Montana border... which I wouldn't doubt, considering that we've hardly seen another soul most all day today, and the campground that we are at now has only about three other campers.  But, as I was saying before, the most unusual thing is that obviously, there is wireless internet here!!!  Mind you, we don't have a single bar of cell service... lol ...haven't had any nearly all day long.  And most likely, we won't have any nearly all day tomorrow. :)  But I don't mind... it's kind of freeing. lol  Anyhow, we should be getting into Kalispell by tomorrow afternoon/evening sometime.  I'm looking forward to it.  I love the wide-open spaces, but I also love the mountains.  I'm also kinda looking forward to getting out of the van for a few days... one can only handle so many hours of coloring, I-Spy, pillow fights, and Your Story Hour. :p  So yeah, guess I'll guess hit the sack here in a bit... try and get some sleep... didn't get much in the van... kinda hard when there's three antsy kids in the general vicinity... one behind, one in front, and one sitting two seats over... :p

- Shannon

3 comments:

Joelle said...

Hey Shannon, it was good seeing you all at the Highland Academy grad. Hope you are having a safe... and fun... trip together!

April McNulty said...

It was nice meeting you at my graduation. We had a great weekend! Enjoy the rest of your travels, and tell Sergey hi for me. I'm already missing my friends.

Shannon said...

Hey guys, it was great seeing both of you too! April - I'm glad I finally got to meet you in person! :) We just made it into Kalispell, MT... and it's as gorgeous as ever! Glad the driving is over though. ;)