Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Road Trip

Well, tomorrow we leave for Montana. I'm looking forward to driving up the North Fork again... that feeling that I always get bumping along the dirt road, coming around that last corner before the view opens and you're rendered speechless by your first real glimpse of the mountains... I miss those mountains. I miss waking up every morning to see the sun rising over their purple peaks. It's hard to believe that it's been nearly two years since I was there last.

I can't wait to see the Polebridge Mercantile again too! :) I really grew to love that old place... the crickety front porch, the smell of baking pastries, the payphones in barrels, Sparky and the other dogs, the outhouse out back... lol I have so many good memories from our Friday afternoon bike rides there.

The reason we're driving up to MT is for my brother Michael's graduation. Four years ago, he and I were crazy enough to believe that we could attend a boarding academy out in the boonies of Montana, where the snow banks tower over your head, the only phone is a radio phone, and the nearest real town in over an hour away. :) Two years ago I graduated from Tamarack Springs Academy, in Polebridge MT... and Sunday, the 25th. of this month, Michael will be graduating as well. :)

First, though, we're stopping up in Nashville, TN for my brother Sergey's graduation from Highland Academy. Then Sunday, after grad, we head up to Audrey and Luke's place in Michigan, to pick up Audrey! :) Monday morning we will be taking off for MT, driving an upper-US rout through Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and North Dakota. We should be arriving in Kalispell sometime around Wednesday afternoon (hopefully we'll all still be in one piece... ;).

I hope to be able to post some pictures and updates as we travel along, but I'll have to see... There's no telling where we're going to have internet access. lol

- Shannon

2 comments:

Joelle said...

Well, I guess I'll be seeing you soon then! We're going to be at Highland Academy grad, too, for my sis-in-law, April's grad.

Becca said...

i love it up there in Montana!! I wish I could go up there this summer. *cries* have fun for me!!