Sunday, June 29, 2008

Thank You!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who called, left comments, wrote e-mails, sent cards, left hysterical voice mails, etc... They were all greatly appreciated. :)

I have to tell you... the most interesting gift I received yesterday came from two of my conniving little siblings... I opened the small blue and white box to the tune of much giggling... and there, under the "tissue paper," wrapped in a candy wrapper, was a long, crispy-fried worm.
Underneath his poor shriveled remains was a sweet little note that read, "With love, from Isaac and Heidi." lol

They had discovered the poor little fellow half-way across grandma's driveway, on a very hot afternoon, and had decided that he would make the perfect gift for their wonderful big sister. :p

I still have him up in my room...

- Shannon


6 comments:

Kelsey said...

LOL... where's the picture of said worm? ;)

Brandon said...

Hmm, very clever subterfuge - under the guise of telling a story and thanking people you chastise the rest of us who forgot your birthday... :P

Happy Birthday. Are you going to name the worm?

joar andré said...

haBBy belaDed B-day! (that's what it sounds like when you're allergic...)

Shannon said...

hmmm... William Shakespeare once said, "Suspicion always haunts the guilty mind." ;)

Actually, I hadn't thought of naming the crunchy thing... I generally reserve such bestowals for the living.

lol So it's hay season in Norway too?

Thanks for the B-day wishes. ;)

Brandon said...

Well, obviously Shakespeare was wrong...

Shannon said...

Shakespeare wrong??? NEVER! :p