Granted, I'm still somewhat confused as to why I myself should be the recipient of such tidings...
Maybe it has something to do with age... or maybe it's because I do some of the cooking and cleaning... or maybe it's because I was the lucky soul that got to reprimand the girls last night, for making too much noise after they were supposed to be asleep...
Non-the-less, it was with great rapture that upon hearing dad wish mom a happy mothers day, Heidi came bouncing into the living room to wish me a happy mothers day too!
I sat there a moment dumb-struck... Do I take that as a compliment, or was it some sort of subliminal insult, suggesting an attempt at usurping the matriarchal position?...
She and Hannah then suggested that we call Audrey up and wish her a happy mother’s day as well. (So much for the subliminal insult...)
When informed that Audrey wasn’t a mother either because, “she didn’t have any kids yet, did she?”; Heidi replied, “well we don’t know… let’s call her and find out!”
Needless to say, we called her up, and were reassured that there weren’t any kids in the picture yet. She appreciated the well wishes anyhow. ;)
So hopefully now we've clarified in the little girls minds, as to who holds the title of "mother" in this household... Far be it from me to ever try and usurp THAT position!
- Shannon
P.s. Mom read this peom last night, in one of our Calvin and Hobbes books, and absolutely loved it. lol It's definitely one that most of us Taylor kids could relate to at one point in our life or another. ;)
My mother has eyes on the back of her head!
I don't quite believe it, but that's what she said.
She explained that she'd been so uniquely endowed
To catch me when I did Things Not Allowed.
I think she must also have eyes on her rear.I've noticed her hindsight is unusually clear.
- Calvin & Hobbes
3 comments:
With all you talk about Heidi and Hannah, I don't think it's out of order - Happy Mother's day, Shannon... :P
Brandon, did you notice the first lines of the blog? Shannon is wishing ALL a happy mothers day... that includes you and me... scary, uh?!? Unless this blog entry was only intended for the other "species" - and if that's the case, we probably shouldn't be commenting :-)
lol...well I may be a big sister, but that sure doesn't make me any more of a mother that YOU guys are! Now what they NEED is a Babysitter's Day... or better yet, a Big-Sister's Day! :p
Post a Comment